Passion for Pink.

Monday, January 5, 2009

EAT THIS, NOT THAT! - SHOCKING STATISTICS!

Spending a quiet afternnon in my favorite book store with a warm gingerbread latte, is one of my guilty pleasures........."Mr. Honey" is in charge of the boys and I have a few, rare and sacred hours to myself to browse all the amazing new "Must Reads" of 2009. This book was looking me dead in the eye when I walked in, and as much as I tried to ignore it and go straight for the Candace Bushnell novels, I decided to just page through it, real fast...... After looking at all the different caloric contents of some of my favorite foods at some of my favorite fast food dives, I decided it was definately a MUST READ! See Below........

"Eat This Not That". Here are some of the VERY INTERESTING FACTS (that might surprise you!!)

  • A Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut has 130 fewer calories than one from Dunkin Donuts!
  • Subway Turkey sub has 510 fewer calories than Panera' version!
  • At Chipoltle, cut 498 calories by ordering the Chicken Burritto as a "bowl", without the tortilla!
  • At Chick-Fil-A, not a single sandwich tops 500 calories!
  • A McDonald's Big Mac saves you 220 calories and 18 grams of fat over Burger King's Whopper w/cheese, which has 47 grams of fat!!
  • White Chocolate can cause depression while Dark Chocolate can cure it!!

These are only a few of the hundreds of food swaps that can save us all LOTS OF UNWANTED POUNDS! It's like a weight loss coach in your pocket!

4 comments:

Dawnie said...

Hello! I'm Dawn from Wisconsin! Out visiting blogs!

That book would scare me..because i know i have so many changes to make.

BUT...I'm starting with natural body care products--who knows maybe the eatin part is next!

The Lavender Lily said...

i just read about this book on another blog, and it sounds fascinating! I might have to pick up a copy for myself.

The Mrs. said...

I think I could get sucked into that book!

Karah said...

I found your blog through Newlywed Stilettos. Love it. Can you believe some of that stuff in that book. It really is quite amazing. Welcome to the bloggy world.