Passion for Pink.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baked Valentine Treats For Loved Ones

I love to bake, especially for a holiday. My kids look forward to the different Valentine treats I bake for them every year. The cookies above, Linzer Cookies with Cherry Jam filling are my favorites. I use a miniature heart cookie-cutter on the marshmallows!

Above is the traditional Valentine's Day breakfast I make for the kids every year, thanks to a heart shaped cookie-cutter. I even use it to make them heart shaped sandwiches for their lunch that day!

I use my mini muffin pan to make these Mini Devils Food Cup Cakes. A little white frosting (gotta love those cans of frosting!) and a miniature heart cookie cutter for the chocolate hearts on top and that's it; so easy! I've never made these decadent Mini Chocolate Cake Hearts with Chocolate Sauce, but plan on making them this year. Happy Baking Everyone!!

11 comments:

Melody said...

I love the ideas...right up my alley.

The Mrs. said...

I looove all the ideas!

Carrie said...

Thank you for welcoming me to the blog world. I am new, but so far I love it. Your valentine treats look delish!!! This is my first Valentines day with a child in school, and the heart shaped sandwich is a great way to make her day special!
Thanks again

Ashley said...

Can I just say - I love you blog! It is fabulous - esp. this post!

pocket full of pink said...

Oh my goodness, I am SO excited you found me because your blog is A-MAZING! Growing up, my mom used to do the same things for me on Valentine's Day. You are so creative and I am so excited to see what else you have in store!!

Kate said...

YUMM! My mom has a heart shaped waffle iron :)

Lou Lou said...

You are the cutest mom ever! So adorable of you to make those special treats for your kids! They look delicious :)

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. Bryson's family is very appreciative. Every prayer helps.

Becky said...

Those chocolate hearts with the sauce look wonderful. I so love chocolate.
I liked all of your ideas as well.
Left here hungry;)
Becky

Lori said...

Oh these are heavenly!!!

JulieM said...

Ooo .. I love Valentine's Day and making it fun for my family! I make the pancakes too. My kids love it. I am going to have to try some of your yummy treats!