Passion for Pink.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Not What We Had Hoped For.........

I haven't done any "blogging" since Thanksgiving because I've been very preoccupied with my Mom's impending Skin Cancer diagnosis........The biopsy results came back and "Not Good". I found out the results this morning from my Mom and like everything else, she made light of the situation so I wouldn't worry. She said she will be operated on Jan. 13, 09 (my son Ryan's birthday) and it will be @ a 5 hour operation. She said she doesn't want me or my sister Julie to go with her, but she's crazy; we wouldn't be anywhere else and will be there for moral support for my Dad, her hubby of 46 years! They've been together since my Mom was 14 and my Day was 15!! Still 2 Lovebirds!!!! Today was also a JOYFUL day as we were all together for my baby nephew Sean's baptism. My Mom, as usual, looked just beautiful and being with her whole family and all her grandchildren makes her the happiest! It was a beautiful christening and I feel blessed we were all together!!!

9 comments:

suburban prep said...

Your mother has a good attitude from your posting.
You must keep a good thought in your head. It is hard to face things like this in your life. My father has had three skin cancer surgeries. The last one was about 5-6 yrs ago. He is 80 and going strong.
Please know there is support for you and your family.

Sunny said...

Oh Karen! I'm so sorry to hear this news. Are they going to be able to remove all the cancer in the operation? I hope so. I know this is stressful for you all and I will say a prayer for her and your family.

tickledpink said...

I am sorry that your mother is going to have to have surgery, but I will keep her and your family in my prayers!

Gwen said...

Praying for your mother, you and your entire family. God bless you all. {HUGS}

Lori said...

What a special mom you have! I will be praying for her and your family.

Lauren said...

I am sorry the biopsy didn't turn out well. I am praying for your mother and your family.

Always Organizing said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom's skin cancer diagnosis. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

JulieM said...

Oh Karen,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom!! Praying the great physician works a miracle in your mother's body. Praying for a peace in your heart as you walk through this with your mom!! Thanks for you your encouragement and sweet words!
Blessings
Julie

Holly said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.