Passion for Pink.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

MY SUCCESSFUL COOKIE EXCHANGE PARTY!

I did it! I pulled off hosting my very 1st Christmas Cookie Exchange! It wound up being @20 girls who all brought 6 dozen cookies each.......YOU DO THE MATH! After feasting on amazing appetizers, mulled cider and PEPPERMINT PUNCH (see recipe below!!!!), we all gathered around the table with our take home containers, and filled them up with lots of beautifully decorated cookies. The displays the cookies were in were just stunning. Some girls decorated baskets, some decorated platters, and some made gorgeous packages to display them in. I was just OVERWHELMED at all the work that went into these! I gave out awards for BEST LOOKING COOKIE, BEST DISPLAY & MOST FESTIVE ATTIRE!! Everyone left with 6 dozen cookies and hopefully memories of a wonderful, festive and fun afternoon.
I'M STILL GETTING REQUESTS FOR MY "PEPPERMINT PUNCH" AMAZING!!
1 quart Edy's Peppermint Ice Cream
1 quart Egg Nog
48 oz. Ginger Ale
1 cup Rum
Stir all in Punch Bowl
Hang Candy Canes on Punch Bowl for decoration!

6 comments:

Always Organizing said...

Great party!!! Love, love, love your table and that pink van in the middle is too cute! You did a wonderful job, your friends are so lucky to have you in their lives.

LillyB said...

Wow! It looks like you had a great time!! That is a lot of cookies! mmmmmmmmm You did good girl!!!!

Meadowsweet Days said...

Hi there, I just found your blog and all those delicious cookies! It looks wonderful!

Carol

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

That looks like so much fun! I love your hanging snowflakes!!!

CarolinaGirl said...

I went to my first cookie exchange last night, and I worked so hard on my Greek Butter Cookies. Madi tasted them and said,"Mommy, you might not want to take those" and then spit it in the sink! Lovely.

JulieM said...

Oh how fun!! I would love to do this some day!!! It looks like you pulled off a wonderful party! Oh and the cookies look yummy!