Passion for Pink.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Pink Door?

I'm always thinking ahead, so I've decided that when Spring arrives, I want to paint the house gray and the front door pink! Right now, the exterior of my house is pale yellow with white shutters and a pale blue door (very "cottage-like") If the shade of pink is somewhat muted, against a darker shade (gray), it can look quite lovely. Last spring I had Mr Honey hang adorable white flower boxes in front of all the windows and I swear the house looked like a little cottage you'd see on Nantucket. I want to maintain that New England cottage look, but can't do it all by myself. I think I'll wait to spring it on Mr Honey after Christmas...........I have too many things I need him to hang, set up, take down, screw in, put away before I have 25 of my closest friends over for the Christmas Cookie Swap!

6 comments:

tickledpink said...

That sounds adorable! I like the grey and pink combination, and with white flower boxes!

The Lavender Lily said...

I'm in love with the color gray, lately...and with pale pink - that would be so pretty!

I passed along a blog award to you today...check it out!

Life at the White House said...

Great idea - I think it would look so charming!

By the way, I posted about pink doors this weekend!!!! How crazy!

Here's the post! http://littlepinkshadetree.blogspot.com/2008/11/of-all-things.html

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh! I think a soft pink door would be so much fun!

An Atlanta Bride said...

Gray house, pink door = so cute!!

JulieM said...

love the pink door!